20 March 2006

My name is Kat, and I have a problem...

I'm addicted to lace knitting. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of finished lace objects. I do, however, have a nerdy tendency to knit swatches of stitch patterns just to see what they look like. Many swatches. The majority of which are experiments in lace patterns. They end up getting taken apart, though. Partly because there's some anal retentive characteristic of mine that just cannot waste yarn. All yarn I have must go to something useful and something useful is usually an actual project. Sadly, I've not found any uses for my many swatches, yet. Another reason why I frog my swatches is because I might be a little ashamed of this nerdy tendency. Just a little.

Anyway, lace is probably my all-time favorite technique but I've been good about not burying myself in lace projects. For a while, though, I'd been drooling over Corinne from Knitting Fog. I can think of a couple reasons why Corinne might be a bad idea. First is that I've spent much of my knitting life tsking at knit skirts and dresses because they just don't seem flattering. I've tried on many knit skirts and dresses while shopping because, on the hanger, they all just looked so cool. Unfortunately, they don't look so cool on me. So there's one reason why Corinne might be a bad idea. The other reason is it's knit in cotton and that could produce some blocking problems.

So what did I do?



I started Corinne on Friday. So far, it looks really cool on the needles. Just needs to be steam-blocked like there's no tomorrow. Let's hope it looks really cool on me...

Labels: