20 February 2007

FO: Gacci...

As inspired by the Gucci found posted on knit lit.



Pattern: My own
Yarn: KnitPicks Andean Silk in slate, 5 balls
Needles: US7/4.5mm Denise Interchangeables
Time: 1 week
Extras: 7/8in (22mm) button

Notes: Another destashing project down. I still have nearly one ball of Andean Silk left, though. I wonder if that's enough to turn into a beanie or fingerless mitts?

I think the only construction explanation I have left is the collar. Originally I thought the stitches to the collar were picked up and workes as "K 2 rows, P 2 rows, K 2 rows", but that didn't look right. Then I tried knitting it separately as K3, P2, K3 for the length of the neck edge and sewed it on. This turned out more like I'd hoped.

I intended the sleeve to be less puffy than the inspiration piece but the rib hides what puff there is. After blocking the cardi, I steamed the top of the sleeves separately to flatten the ribbing enough for it to show.



This is going to get a lot of wear because I practically live in 3/4 and half-sleeved tops and I'm into layering.

-------

And now, a return to something blue(ish)...



Let's hope the math is right this time.

Labels: , , ,