23 July 2007

FO: Isabella...

A very belated green Project Spectrum knit.



Pattern: Isabella by Jordana Paige from Knitty
Yarn: Sirdar Country Style 4-ply in sage, 1.5 skeins
Needles: US3/3.25mm Susan Bates circs and Inox Aluminum DPNs
Time: 1 month
Mods: Folded picot hem while knitting, omitted third eyelet row in front, worked a few decreases along upper edges of lace for slightly rounded neckline, folded armhole hem and bound off simultaneously.

Notes:

This was not one of the more exciting knits I've had. I don't hate the end product--I know I'll wear it, but I don't love it, either. I had planned on working the picot edging at the armholes using the crochet method but the LYS misplaced the size I needed when I reserved it (it was at another location originally). I couldn't find the correct size hook, millimeter-wise, anywhere else,not so I just gave up on the idea of a crochet picot edging and just knit them. The reason I wanted to crochet it was to avoid having a bulky seam. I minimized the bulk by folding the hem over and attaching the edge while binding off.

The LYS had a sale over the weekend, so I decided to check it out. Plus, I had store credit from the hook that never appeared. I didn't intend to buy anything, except for lace weight yarn if they had any I liked. I seem to have trouble finding lace weight in stores and generally have to order online. Anyway, I came out with three cones of Habu Tsumugi in green.



I've always wanted to try Habu yarn and I've always wanted to knit a silk shawl but could never justify the cost. Yay for sales! I have enough knit knit most triangular shawl or rectangular stole patters. However, I have my heart set on knitting the Forest Path Stole with this. I've been intrigued by the idea of lace entrelac for a while but couldn't really imagine knitting this stole until now. I am short one cone (450 yards each/1350 yards total), though. I may have to call the LYS and ask if they have more at the other locations (I picked up the last three in sight), or I could make the stole smaller. Considering my size and how large the stole looks, it wouldn't hurt.

In other news, I got my Ravelry invite. I'm whereskat if anyone was interested. Interestingly enough, I just signed up early last month and forgot about it until last week when I saw that you could check your place in line. I'll be slowly building it up.

Labels: , , ,