31 July 2007

FO: Sarcellette...

Just in time for the PS switch...



Pattern: Sarcelle by Kristi Geraci (knitanon.com)
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Red Rover; 2 hanks
Needles: US3/3.25mm Susan Bates 32"/80cm circs
Time: 2-3 weeks
Mods: 42" long, 12" wide, worked up to 5 pattern repeats instead of 7

Notes: I bought the yarn on sale at one of the LYS's and got the last two hanks of this colorway. I didn't want socks and Sarcelle was the only thing that I thought would work with the yarn. So instead of a full-sized Sarcelle, it's a little Sarcellette.



I originally started this on US5/3.75mm needles but after the first hank, I realized I wasn't going to get the minimum number of repeats I wanted lengthwise. I frogged and went down to US3/3.25, which I like the result of but I think I should have gone with US4/3.5mm.

I really enjoyed this pattern and plan on making the full sized version once I find the right yarn.

I would be starting MS3 right now if I hadn't have decided at the last minute to use beads. I'm now waiting for the teeny crochet hook I ordered. Should be here soon but in the meantime I'm working on sleeve #2 of the hooded jacket and admiring my Habu Tsumugi. The LYS didn't have anymore but I found a place online that had what I needed on sale (and only a few left). I got a couple more cones just to be safe, so I'll be working on the Forest Path Stole once MS3 is done.

Labels: , ,