28 August 2007

FO: Mystery Stole 3

This has been done for a few days.


I like wearing it the first way better.


Pattern: Mystery Stole 3 (Swan Lake) by Pink Lemon Twist
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-silk in violet; about 1.25 ounces (a bit more than 1 50g ball)
Needles: US3/3.25mm Addi Turbo Lace circs
Beads: 8/0 seed beads in transparent amethyst
Time: 3 weeks

Notes:

I had a lot of fun participating in MS3. Loved the beads and I'm not really a bead person. Probably because there weren't that many in the design. The pattern was also well written and pretty easy. Not a first lace project but I think it's fine for someone who's knitted lace at least once. Laying flat, I'm not too crazy about the wing but I really like how it looks when worn. I prefer it with the wing over the point, though.


Clues 6 and 7, Charts I-J. The wing.


This was also my first time using Addi Lace needles. Love them. The tips are smooth but not too slippery, the join is the smoothest join I've experienced, and the tips are pointy but not so pointy that they leave my finger calloused (like the KnitPicks Options do).

Labels: , , ,