10 March 2008

FO: Wren...



Pattern: Wren by the Berroco Design Team
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Leaf (4.5 skeins)
Needles: US5/3.75mm Addi Turbos; US7/4.5mm KnitPicks Options
Time: ~6 weeks
Mods: Made the sleeves longer

Notes: I finished this the middle of last month and only got around to blogging about it now. I'm kind of meh with the end product. Ultimately this cardi will get quite a bit of wear because of its simplicity. It just didn't quite turn out the way I'd hoped. I think the biggest issue is the collar. I knit this a size bigger (I was exactly the smallest size) for layering purposes. Maybe that's the reason why the collar seems so big? I'll also need to find something to secure the front. I'm using a cable needle in the photo.

Currently working on the Drops Eskimo jacket with a chunky, smurf blue yarn I got from Springwater Fiber Workshop's Superbowl sale. It's a pretty fast, mindless knit so far and I still have enough for another sweater. only one week into it and I've already got the body pieces finished. I'm about halfway through the sleeves (working both at once) now.

Labels: ,