23 May 2008

FOs: Tilted Duster and Lace Ribbon Scarf



Pattern: Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan from Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool (12 skeins)
Needles: US9/5.5mm KnitPicks Options
Time: 1.5 months
Mods: Only used 3 buttons instead of 4--Two nice ones on the outside and a clear, inside button

Notes:

I *heart* this duster. It's so soft and cozy. Just right for my heavily air conditioned office. About halfway through the skirt, I realized that I originally intended to make the 36" size (this one is 32") to accommodate layering. Now I have two extra skeins. Given how warm this is, I'm okay with the smaller size because I'd only wear it over a T-shirt.



Pattern: Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery from Knitty Spring 2008
Yarn: Spinning Yarns in "Mulberry Bush" (1 hank)
Needles: US4/3.5mm Addi Turbos
Time: 2 months of commute knitting

Notes:

I love how this scarf turned out. The whole time I was knitting this, I didn't realize that the colors were making a zig-zag pattern. I noticed it when I laid it out to dry after washing. It's about 8 feet long. Also, way easy to memorize for mindless commute knitting.

Labels: , ,