09 June 2006

FOs: Dulaan Project 2006...




Hat
Pattern: None--based on basic beanies
Yarn: Sirdar Country Style DK left over from Sirdar sweater knitted for Mom for Christmas.
Needles: Addi Natura DPNs size US6/4mm

Socks
Pattern: None--referenced Socks 101 on Knitty.com.
Yarn: Opal Elemente left over from socks knitted for my brother and sister-in-law for Christmas.
Needles: Addi Turbo DPNs size US1-ish/2.5mm.

Scarf
Pattern: None--basic garter stitch.
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun from an abandoned project.
Needles: Denise Interchangeables size US10/6mm.

Sweater
Pattern: None--based on what I know of Icelandic yoke sweater construction. Knit body in round, knit sleeves in round join sleeves to body, and continue knitting around for yoke and neck.
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun from an abandoned project.
Needles: Denise Interchangeables size US10/6mm; Brittany Birch DPNs size US8/5mm

Notes:

  • I left my US10/6mm DPNs at my parents' house and the stores here don't carry anything higher than 5mm. I used my set of US8's and knit a little looser than normal. This worked out just fine.
  • This whole project took about two weeks to complete. Childrens clothing just really zooms by. On the sweater, it also helped that the yarn was much thicker than what I normally use.
  • I finished the last bit last night and posted the items today. Yay for helping to keep Mongolian kids warm and finding an excellent use for leftover yarn!

    Labels: ,