29 November 2006

FO: (un)Striped V-Neck Vest...



Pattern: Striped V-Neck Vest from Vogue Knitting Winter 2004/05
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in "cranberry"; ~2.75 skeins
Needles: US7/4.5mm Denise Interchangeables
Time: 4 days
Mods: No stripes; knit to an unlisted size.

Notes:

I killed two birds with one stone on this project--something for Mom that she needed and destashed. I had originally bought a lot of Wool-Ease for another project that I changed my mind on so I've had it sitting in the stash for a while. This was a good use for it since it's a simple garment that my mom can just toss in the wash. Since this vest is meant to be a close fit, I had to do a bit of math to make it to my mom's measurements since none of the given sizes were a good match. As I noted before, it wasn't difficult since the construction is so simple.

I wouldn't make this vest again, though. Easy as it was (and Vogues labels it as "Very Easy"), the way the armholes are shaped are just...odd. I'm not a fan. But for its purpose, the vest works fine.

--------

In other news, I have sleeves!



The cardi will finally be ready to seam once they're done blocking.

Labels: , ,