16 August 2006

FO: Saranac...

Pretend there's a zipper.



Pattern: Saranac by Rebecca Hatcher found on Knitty
Yarn: Sirdar Aran with Wool in shade Indigo (#0931); 8.5 balls
Needles: US7/4.5mm and US8/5mm Denise Interchangeables
Time: About 2 months
Mods: None, really, although I did have to buy a longer zipper. Either my row gauge ended up being bigger or the designer meant for it to zip up to the base of the turtle neck. I wanted it to go all the way up.

Notes:

This started out as a very plain, all stockinette pullover as a Christmas gift for my dad. Yeah, oops. I'd finished the body and realized I hated it so I started over with this pattern instead. This was a really easy knit and would-be quick if it weren't so big. It usually takes me three weeks to knit a sweater for myself, so I did a size comparison to help illustrate why this took me relatively long.



I don't think I ever want to knit a men's sweater again. That's the USM pullover I knitted early this year, by the way.

Now I just need to figure out how to install a zipper.

Labels: ,