18 November 2006

FO: Wine and Roses Mitts...



Pattern: Wine and Roses Mitts by Jolene Treace; Interweave Knits Winter 2006
Yarn: Peruvian Classic Baby Cashmere in "cashmere blue" (from Elann.com); ~1.5 balls
Needles: US2/2.75mm Clover bamboo DPNs
Time: 4 days

Notes:

This was a destashing project using the yarn I had leftover from the Union Square Market Pullover. I had just a bit less than three balls of the blue left and most of one ball of white, but this project ended up using half the blue (originally I thought if I ran out of yarn I could trim the mitts with white). So the destashing was only half successful.

The project was pretty quick despite getting confused by a couple of the chart symbols. I just decided to trust the pattern and it all worked out. Of course, part of the confusion was a result of how lumpy the lace was while knitting.


Quite a difference, no?


I would definitely recommend this pattern as a way to get rid of small amounts of leftover (fingering weight) yarn in the stash. It doesn't use much and I can imagine how you can add different colors to the edges or even stripe the cuff.

Time to get moving on those sleeves...

Labels: , ,